Sunday, June 14, 2009

down to business



My first polyvore experience, published here for you! Polyvore...will probably be my outlet for fashion/expression considering my *new* purchasing freeze. Ick. This textured taupe Alice & Olivia dress popped up (I will be looking for you at the next sample sale!) and I just went from there. I call it "Boring/Playful" - the Burberry dress reminds me of something I could find at Old Navy (albeit of much lesser quality), and is altogether very reserved (no big surprise here, but this dress is awful for the price). The Alice & Olivia dress is flirty and I paired with some abstract leopard print flats to wear during the daytime. This Polyvore seems to highlight the essential differences between high-high end designers and mid-range luxury designers (I'm talking merely about prices here)...Burberry seems fuddy-duddy (and taking a page from Calvin Klein's designs from the 90s), while Alice & Olivia seems to be taking advantage of youngish trustafarians looking for party frocks (Betsy J is what their 12 year old sisters wear these days).

I love Marni's take on the embellished necklace first made famous by the Burberry Prorsum "Albury" necklace. Only one season after these necklaces were introduced I feel like I see them everywhere (and imagine my happiness when I found something similar in my dusty jewelry pile).

Also, I added three purses - from high to low end. I feel like they all could go with either dress? Any thoughts?

No comments: