Saturday, May 23, 2009

The last 2 hours

The last two hours of my life have been spent looking up skirts...specifically ann demeulemeester and dries van noten skirts. After being a dress girl for the past two years (easy, effortless) i've been thinking i want to tack up my style quotient on this my 23rd year...


a typical ann demeulemeester skirt, beautiful and basic and lovely

I had a lovely day today though. I'm in Green Pond (Adirondacks, Upper New York State), enjoying my relaxing Memorial Day Weekend. It's consistently my favorite weekend of the year...


at Donnelly's Ice Cream in Donnelly's Corners (Route 86). Memorial Day 2007.

My man's family owns a cabin up here (on Green Pond, nearish to Saranac Lake and Lake Placid) and every Memorial Day (this is my third time, wow) we come up and indulge in a) Gap Outlet/Bass shopping (I know it's silly but we all love it and there's ALWAYS deals...) b) Taking in a movie in the super-old movie house in Lake Placid (no cash) c) "Opening Weekend" at Donnelly's Ice Cream (no cash) d) Smores on the fire(place) f) Hiking/Fishing/Canoeing/Sailing...tomorrow we're going fishing & picnicing for lunch!

No comments: