Friday, May 1, 2009

Philadelphia - Matt Duke, 9:30 pm.

Two nights ago, my friends S. & R. (who are roommates) decided to go on an impromptu journey to Philadelphia. They invited me along - who was I to say no to such a request - and I met up with R. at her office, jumped in S.'s car, and we were off...well, off to wait in an hour of traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel.

The reason of our trip is to see an old friend, Matt Duke, perform at Tin Angel. He's not really *my* old friend, but we know him from our sorority, through one of our sisters. While back then it seemed like he could break out at any moment, now he's definitely in the zeitgeist, having appeared in Teen Vogue and Perez Hilton.



We met up with our friend LK, who lives in Philly and goes to Medical School, and first went to a Medical School Party, complete with flip cup. They were about as socially awkward (her words, not mine) as I expected, for medical students, and there was a key lime pie. We left for the show soon after arriving.

Tin Angel, the venue, is at 20 South 2nd Street in the Old City, but it was confusing at first because I thought we were going to eat Italian food...you'll see what I mean if you ever go there. Matt was already playing, but we caught a good portion of his set, including this:



but at first I thought he sang "sexy reruns", which, I think, gives the song a new meaning. After saying hi, we needed food desperately...after all, we had only eaten Girl Scout cookies on the ride down (delicious, yet, not filling). We walked a little ways and hit up Soho Pizza, and it was yum. They even have Chicken Ranch pizza!

All & all, great night, except maybe the whole waking up the next morning at 5:15 part. I hate jobs!

No comments: